John J. Murphy, IIIMember
John J. Murphy, III
John has tried to verdict more than 100 civil jury or bench trials and represents clients before various licensing boards, as well as in mediations and binding arbitrations. While his primary practice area still focuses on defending health care providers and long-term care facilities, he also works with clients involved in business, commercial, and personal injury litigation.
Admitted: Maryland and Washington, D.C.
- Juris Doctor, Columbus School of Law at Catholic University of America
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Board of Governors (2007-2009)
- Chair – 2006 American Bar Association Young Lawyers Conference, Baltimore
- Past Treasurer – Young Lawyers Section
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Committee Chair, Maryland Defense Counsel, Inc.
- DRI The Voice of The Defense Bar
- Chair, MSBA Planning Committee
- 2011 Daily Record VIP Award
- 2009 Super Lawyers Rising Star Award
- 2010 Super Lawyers Rising Star Award
- 2011 Super Lawyers Rising Star Award
- Goodell DeVries Leech & Dann, LLP
- McCarthy, Wilson, Ethridge
- Dickerson v. Longoria, 414 Md. 419, 995 A.2d 721 (2010)